News & Updates for Mooresville Golf ClubSubscribe to the RSS feed for this page and never miss an update!
View Recent Updates for All Courses
- 8/5/17, Review by The B-Man - My first time getting out to Mooresville to see the renovated layout and new amenities. The clubhouse is complete and open, though the snack area and restaurant were not fully functional yet. The practice facility is as advertised and very extensive. I made a tee time the night before and got a decent weekend afternoon rate. I loved the course! It's in great shape. The bermuda greens are very challenging but very consistent. With 5 par-5's and par-3's and a couple of short par 4's, scoring opportunities abound. It definitely helps to have some local knowledge to pick good targets, especially on approaches into these young greens -- which don't hold approaches very well. There are some picturesque holes and quirky ones (be careful with your approach into #4!). Conditions were pretty immaculate tee-to-green, but don't venture off the first cut of rough. I lost two balls in thick pampass grass/weeds just off the cart paths on two holes, which was very frustrating. The beverage cart was out on the course and we saw it frequently - which seems to be a lost art these days with other courses. All in all this is course that's worth the long drive for me (50+ min) and I will make the trip again soon!
- 5/14/17, Review by BetterThanMost - Played the redesign for the first time yesterday. Huge improvement over the old layout. Conditions for the most part much better as well. There are still a few fairways that are thin, particularly the 2nd. Greens are still concrete hard. Well struck shots did not hold a green as they would bounce over the back. Greens are also lightning fast. Construction on the new clubhouse seems to be progressing nicely, and the range and practice areas are really nice.
- 12/29/16, Review by TPX - Loved the old setup, love the new setup. Really a great course for the money. Always crowded, so make sure to get a time in advance. For winter conditions, the course is great. New greens are very firm and fast. Along with the speed of the greens, the new greens have a ton of undulations to navigate. A very good test of your game.
- 12/28/16 - Msg Board Posting
Re: Mooresville Golf Course The B-Man I've added this course so you can all now post official reviews!
- 11/7/16 - Msg Board Posting
Mooresville Golf Course Albert So
While itís nice to see an old course renovated, the front is no longer by any stretch a Donald Ross course. Two complaints: The bunker walls are ridiculously steep with grass so long it holds the ball, keeping it from rolling into the bunker and they are too steep to stand on forcing a shot from the sand at a ball above the waist! Second: the course is just too popular. One oíclock on a Thursday afternoon and itís packed.
- 10/12/16 - Msg Board Posting
Re: Mooresville Golf Club IM4DHERD HAVE TO get this Club listed. Played yesterday. Played it many times in the past (Donald Ross front nine, very challenging back nine) but it closed for renovations for 22 months. Many of the holes are recognizable (#s 1,2,4 and 11-18 except for 13 which has been stretched into a par 5). Really like how the new holes on the front are configured, a stretch gives a Links style look. Best greens I have seen in forever, no doubt. Firm and FAST. Excellent practice area. Tee Boxes and fairways are in better shape than Glen Oaks, and that is saying something if you have ever played there. Probably should be expected after almost two years of work. Excellent work with the sand traps - placement and condition. Thick fluffy sand. Few holes have traps 50-100 yards from the green bu! t from the fairway looks to be greenside, something to get used to. My GPS is no good as this course hasn't been mapped. They need to put together a yardage book. Oh yeah, new carts too.
- 10/12/16 - Msg Board Posting
Re: Mooresville Golf Club IM4DHERD More info. Not to oversell it, because the more of you who play it, the less the rest of us can, but it is pretty much the first new golf course in some time. Even though a number of the old holes are recognizable slopes have been evened out, trees removed, traps added, etc. Lot's of tall links-type grasses.
5 par 5s, 5 par 3s. 6800 from the blues, 6300 from the whites. Played with a freshman Catawba College golfer and a Sr. HS player who bombed 300 yard drives and hit a 5 wood 260 to a green, and they had a pretty tough time of it. Pretty difficult, my worst score in over a year.
These kids work at the club and say a number of new members (yes, it is now semi-private) are also members at Trump National. I now put this one up with any of my favorites and some of the highest rated courses on this site like Edgewater, Stonebridge, Glen Oaks, Deerbrook, and Red Bridge.
- 10/5/16 - Msg Board Posting
Re: Mooresville Golf Club aepfeiffer I haven't got a chance to play there yet, used to play this course a ton back before they shut it down, so looking forward to playing there soon, actually tried to get a tee time for this weekend and its booked up unless you can play after 1pm if you want a 4 some! I looked on GolfNow and seems like almost all early tee times are booked up b/w today 10/5 and next Wed 10/12. Im sure some of the newness is the reason for the bookings, but I heard they sold like 1000 memberships and for anyone that bought a 2017 membership they got the rest of 2016 for free, and they allow members to book 14 days in advance, so Im wondering if some of the early tee times are getting booked up by the influx of members! Just hoping it lives up to the hype, they used to have bent grass that always stayed in good shape%2! C but they installed Tiff Eagle greens, so they should be excellent year round and fast! Is there any way to add Mooresville along with Crowders Mountain to the list of Charlotte area courses for review?
- 10/3/16 - Msg Board Posting
Mooresville Golf Club The B-Man Just saw that Mooresville reopened after a 2 year, $5M+ renovation:
Town-owned Mooresville Golf Club reopening after $10M makeover
Anybody played it yet? Let me know if I should add it. I'm thinking yes.