News & Updates for Lancaster Golf ClubSubscribe to the RSS feed for this page and never miss an update!
View Recent Updates for All Courses
- 8/19/17, Review by GinMillDJ - Nice layout. Greens were really nice. Fairways very good. Bunkers were good. Many of the fairways are wide and very open, however the rough if almost non-existent. Any ball that rolled through the rough, either ended up in the woods and lost or ended up on rocky dirt patches. I probably lost 3 or 4 balls that would have been normally played out of the rough. Good course though. Maybe the rough will come back in the fall.
- 12/26/15, Review by Albert So - One of my favorite Charlotte area courses. There have been steady frequently heavy showers for the last 10 days or so. I knew the course would be muddy. I played lift/clean/place including from the bunkers. Must be an indication of how much I enjoy playing here. Figure at least two days for the course to dry out. The drive is less than an hour for me. (South Blvd & Scaleybark. Don't take 77 to Hwy 9 unless you're speeding. Hwy 521 is faster.) Fairways are mostly wide. When there are trees there is still usually a shot out. Or, at least, you can find your ball. Greens are some of the best for the money. Bunkers are great (if it hasn't been raining) Speaking of which, I was told that rates will be coming down. Not that I care. I pay $11 as a senior walking during the week. Roy in the clubhouse is great. He'll start you on the back if the front is loaded.
- 8/15/15, Review by dongtrgolfer - Played at 11 am, course was fairly empty, in a foursome and no wait. 4 hr round. Greens in good shape but probably the fastest greens I have played in the Charlotte area this year. Some tough pin locations. Tee boxes, fairways, rough all in good shape. Very challenging course with lots of trees. If closer to Charlotte I would play more often. I think the more you play this courses the better you play here. A little on the expensive side if not member, but golfnow has some discounts.
- 1/19/15, Review by dongtrgolfer - Played Lancaster and overall very pleased. There were a bunch of groups stacked up on the first tee so the guy in the pro shop came out and told us we could start on #10. That made all the difference in the world. We followed a 3 some and never waited on a shot. Played in under 3.5 hours. Greens are in good shape and fast. This is a course you need to play a few times to get the hang of the greens and where not to place the ball on the greens (stay away from downhill putts). Fairways were dormant but ok. Only in one bunker and it was raked nicely. Tee boxes in mostly good shape. Friendly and helpful staff. If closer to where I lived and played more I could see this being one of my favorite courses.
- 8/18/14, Review by oneputt - Finally,found my way to this gem of a course! Took advantage of my free birthday round. Very nice treat from the course and no gimmicks attached, just play. The fairways were almost perfect. Not a bad lie the entire day. They were cutting the fairways so you had some clippings in the way. The traps were in good condition. Some were wet but still very playable. The greens. Where to begin....they were very fast. I mean fast! They rolled perfectly. Shots held nicely. Pin placements were somewhat of a challenge but they could have been diabolical. Pro-shop staff were very nice. Really interested in how you found the course to be playing. Pace of play was right on. I will certainly get back down here soon to play again. You should too.
- 8/3/14, Review by metallikviper - First time playing this course and I was impressed. It has a very nice layout. The course was a bit wet from the rain and the bunkers were packed and almost impossible to get out of. Other than that the greens are in great shape and the fairways are well mowed. There were a lot of weeds in the roughs, but since they were mowed down I didn't care. There were a lot of fire ant mounds along the cart path and I stepped in one. Luckily it was on the 18th green and I could play barefoot from there. If it wasn't as long as a drive, I'd play it more often.
- 8/3/14, Review by metallikviper - First time playing this course due to the distance. I was very impressed with the course and all the Springs courses are always in great shape. It has a very nice layout and is fairly challenging. There were no significant issues on this course from tee to green. Only problem I had was that I stepped on a fire ant mound getting of the cart on the 18th green. Luckily it was the 18 green and I finished playing barefoot. If it wasn't so far away I would play it more often.
- 2/4/13, Review by izzyf150 - Lancaster was is great shape for the current time of year. Greens and fairways is good shape, and sand traps had plenty of sand. Only noticed one thing to mention as a negative. On the back side of the island green looking par 3, they have patched in some new grass several months ago. Its close to smooth but not there yet. Overall though, the course is great.
- 10/1/12, Review by izzyf150 - What is the deal? Why are all the great golf courses the ones that require driving close to an hour to get there? Fox Den, Edgewater, Tillery Tradition, and now Lancaster and there all about an hour travel time to get there. Lancaster was in great condition today. Greens were in perfect condition. Guy at the club house told us about a couple of greens on the hard side but I guess with the wet weather we didnít notice it. Iím not sure about the number scale that I see people use so I just have to describe it in my own way and that is the greens were between a medium and fast speed. Fairways were great. A couple of sand traps had water in them but it had rained prior to us playing. I didnít get in the sand today but you could tell by looking at them the sand traps would be good on a dry day. Absolutely nothing bad to say about this course. Another great course in great condition.
- 8/12/12, Review by 4Putts - I like this track a lot (enough to drive 75 miles to play it) so based on a previous review I decided it was time to make the trek. Course was in good shape. Some bare spots here and there but nothing outrageous. New greens are nice although slowish & HARD in spots. Bunkers had not been drug so very hard & wet but otherwise fine. Good people, good price, good course. Check it out.
- 8/4/12, Review by nolimt735 - First time playing Lancaster since they renovated the course and I can say the conditions were about as perfect as you could expect. The greens were in fantastic shape since they were redone with MiniVerde greens. I have avoided this place because of the greens but now that they have them fixed this will be added back to the rotation. We were the 4th group out on the day with 2 foursomes and threesome in front of us and we played in 3.5 hours. I would highly recommend this course to anyone that lives in the area.
- 8/3/12 - Msg Board Posting
Lancaster Golf Course bakes1121 Has anyone played Lancaster Golf Course since they reopend from moving to miniverde greens?
- 8/14/11, Review by Hackerama - We got a 4 for 120 special and it was ok. It reminded me of a Public Course or Muni type of track. Fairways were shaggy, Greens were super slow. Lay was ok, nothing too exciting. You're better off going to Edgewater if you drive all the way down there.
- 6/6/11, Review by Porkchop - Greens are recovering from the FU they had last year, fairways may be the best around and rough is penalizing. Once they cut the greens down, the course will be back in good shape. $32 after 3 is a little steep, thats not really a break, but pace of play is usually pretty good there
- 8/28/10, Review by JD - Sadly, they just started to lose the greens here. Still playable, just a bit bumpy. They're doing their best to keep the putts rolling. Still a good value.
- 7/31/10, Review by JD - Continues to be one of the best values in Charlotte -- just a gem of a traditional course. They are working HARD to keep things in good condition -- watering like crazy -- and it seems to be working for them.
- 6/26/10, Review by JD - I continue to love this course. Exceptional value, great layout, in great shape.
- 5/17/10, Review by JD - What a gem of old-world course design. A Donald Ross "mini classic." In great shape and gets very little play on Sundays. Worth the drive.
- 5/16/10 - Msg Board Posting
Lancaster Golf Club JD B-man,
You've gotta play this course and add it to your list. Front 9 is Donald Ross -- and CLASSIC -- a very good represntation of his work. The back 9 isn't as good, but complementary. In all, if you like a classic-style golf course, this one is very, very good.
It's in near-perfect shape. Only gripe is small, uneven tee boxes. A gem. Worth the 45-minute drive from South Charlotte.